Monday, July 11, 2011

Preps for this month

Cash has been really tight this month and I have spent most of the extra on the garden for fertilizer, manure, stakes and such. However I have also managed to buy additional canning jars, pickling mix, pectin and other supplies in anticipation of the garden actually producing more food than we can eat before it spoils. Also I anticipate some deals once the harvests come in and bring prices down a bit so we can buy food just to can.


As for medical needs we have begun to start stashing back a few pills from our prescriptions each month. We hope to be able to continue doing this by filling our scripts a few days early each month (hoping no one notices). I rotate these by taking the newest pills and saving the quantity I have accumulated plus additional and consuming the pills previously saved last month. I hope to establish at least a six month supply for our personal pharmacy this way. I will let you know how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment