Sunday, August 14, 2011

26 hours plus without power

 Still running the generator, power has come on all around us but this side of street and houses behind us are still out. More generators can be heard today and everyone has behaved so far. If power is not restored by morning I may stay home from work as Mother-In-Law and Wife do not know to run/fill/shut off generator.


 Last night was a full moon and everyone was still out of power and keeping watch outside. Most got power back this morning. Fortunately temperature has remained in 70's low 80's. Generator is now running neighbors fridge as he had a spare 100' cord that would reach our generator.


 To release some frustration I took the heater core out of the 68 Chevy as it needs to be replaced before winter. I will get a new one this week and start putting it back together. I like the fact that I can work on this by myself and even climbed in with the 307 engine to get at some bolts today. Working with my hands again makes me feel good, busted knuckles and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment