Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I like it!

 It rained the other night while I was sleeping so I do not know how much. When I checked the rain barrel it was almost full (Hoo Yah). After two days of 90+ degree temps the garden was dry today so I hooked the hose up to it and began watering. After I watered the entire garden I checked the barrel and it was still almost half full. There is no rain in the forecast for the next few days so I will probably use the rest before it rains again. If the SHTF does happen I will have water to use in the garden and/or put in the water purifier I bought for drinking.


 I will buy another barrel when funds allow to increase my storage capacity. Below is one of the Big Berkeys I purchased from Amazon except I got  the one with four white filters. When I use it I will only use two of the filters and save two. I can also use it to help neighbors for favors or trade during hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment