Sunday, August 28, 2011

This weeks preps

I bought this kit from Amazon and it was much cheaper than the four single panels alone not including the parts that came with it.







I began by assembling the cheap PVC frame.










Frame was made of gray PVC and I went ahead and spray painted it black to help protect from the sun.  




Next was unpacking and mounting the panels.





I then ran the cables inside my shed and connected them to two batteries in parallel.




Then I connected the charge controller and a 750 Watt inverter that I picked up at Sam's Club for $20.


And now I have electricity in my shed and can use this during power outages in the future.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to mount the panels to the shed roof. I am thinking some aluminum angle brackets and then I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment