Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I looked at some shotguns at the gun show and made a decision.

 
This is my Mossberg New Haven 600AT that I bought from Montgomery Ward when I lived in Texas. It is to big for home defense having a 28" barrel with poly choke so I was thinking of trading or selling for a tactical shotgun. I decided that this would be a mistake. This gun accepts 3" shells and is perfect for turkey hunting and they are plentiful in this area. I decided to accessorize this one instead. It is almost identical to the Mossberg 500 and most parts are interchangeable. I ordered a new barrel for home defense.

And a new recoil reducing stock.


I will keep the old barrel for hunting but will keep the shorter barrel on it for home defense. I saw and shouldered a shotgun with one of these stocks at the gun show and believe that this will make me happy at a lower cost than buying a new tactical model as I will have a shotgun with multiple uses for the price of a new stock and barrel. So in effect I will have spent a little over $200 for the modifications instead of $700+ for a new tactical shotgun.

No comments:

Post a Comment