Wednesday, May 14, 2014

III ?



 We lowered dad today who was the last.

He is buried next to his two brothers.

Robert (Uncle Kenny) fought in the Korean war as a Marine. He was the oldest and never spoke of his service to anyone.


Dad the middle of the boys also served during the Korean war but was assigned to Vietnam. He was a hydraulic mechanic in the Air Force assigned to the French to assist with B26 bombers on loan to the French before the US entered the war. Dad only shared a few memories that were pleasant.

J. D (Uncle Darrell) was the youngest and served in the Army with the tanks patrolling the German borders during the cold war. Uncle Darrell was more willing to share letting us know that the limp he had the rest of his life was from getting shot in butt while on top of a tank in an (classified) area they were never even close too. No purple heart and never a complaint from him.


I miss them all as they were true and stepped forward when needed. Are they patriots? If they were here and able I would like to think they would be III.  

We have been and are losing a heritage that should be Remembered, Honored and Emulated.

Very few of you know me and some have deleted me over time as I was less active. However I know that there are many out there just like me. To share the history may inspire others to look into their own family past (Brock understands this) and see the sacrifices and to understand what they were thinking and defending may help to understand who we are and what we stand for.


YES, I am III ! I am ready to die if needed in defending my country.


Thanks for listening as it has been an emotional day and feel free to re post or ignore rant.

5 comments:

  1. My sincere condolences also, I lost mine of the same vintage last October.
    He was in the Navy during the last part of the Korean era.

    I can almost feel glad that he won't be here to see the ugliness that is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember, have not deleted and offer my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still here. K

    ReplyDelete